1 a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech [syn: muttering, murmur, murmuring, murmuration, mussitation]
2 a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone [syn: grumble, grumbling, murmur, murmuring, muttering]
2 make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath; "she grumbles when she feels overworked" [syn: murmur, grumble, croak, gnarl]
instance of muttering
- To utter words,
especially complaints or angry expressions, indistinctly or with a low
voice and lips partly closed; to say under
- You could hear the students mutter as they were served sodden
spaghetti, yet again, in the cafeteria.
- The beggar muttered words of thanks, as passersby dropped coins in his cup.
- You could hear the students mutter as they were served sodden spaghetti, yet again, in the cafeteria.
- To speak softly and
incoherently, or with
- The asylum inmate muttered some doggerel about chains and pains to himself, over and over.
- To make a sound with a low, rumbling noise.
- April could hear the delivery van's engine muttering in the driveway near the kitchens.
- nut (for bolts)
- nut (for bolts)
- mutter; obscure utterance
Mutter (German for "Mother") is the German Industrial Metal band Rammstein's third album. It was released on 2 April2001.
Track listingAll tracks written by Rammstein.
- "Mein Herz Brennt" ("My heart burns") – 4:40
- "Links 2 3 4" ("Left 2 3 4") – 3:36
- "Sonne" ("Sun") – 4:32
- "Ich Will" ("I want") – 3:37
- "Feuer Frei!" ("Fire at will!" or "Open fire!", literally "Fire freely!") – 3:08
- "Mutter" ("Mother") – 4:29
- "Spieluhr" ("Music-box") (feat. Khira Li) – 4:46
- "Zwitter" ("Hermaphrodite") – 4:17
- "Rein Raus" ("In out") – 3:11
- "Adiós" (Sp. "Good-bye") – 3:49
- "Nebel" ("Mist" or "Fog") (feat. Bobo) – 4:54
- "Hallelujah" ("Hallelujah") (only on Japanese edition) - 3:43
Special Tour Edition
- "Ich Will" (live) - 3:57
- "Links 2 3 4" (live) - 4:54
- "Sonne" (live) - 4:42
- "Spieluhr" (live) - 5:27
The Japanese version included the song "Hallelujah" as a hidden track. A special tour edition was made with a second CD with some live versions of some tracks present on the album. Other versions included a poster and a second disc with "Hallelujah" and the Sonne video.
'Links 2 3 4' appears in the sex shop of the CSI episode, 'What's Eating Gil Grissom'
'Feuer frei!' also appears on the xXx movie soundtrack, and Rammstein appears in the movie playing the song. It is the theme song of the movie, and was featured in trailers and previews.
- Till Lindemann - vocals
- Richard Z. Kruspe - electric guitar
- Paul H. Landers - electric guitar
- Oliver "Ollie" Riedel - bass guitar
- Christoph "Doom" Schneider - drums
- Christian "Flake" Lorenz - keyboards
- Ulf Kruckenberg - engineer
- Christiane "Bobolina" Herbold - background vocals (track 11)
- Khira Li Lindemann - vocals (track 7)
- Olsen Involtini - string arrangements (tracks 1, 6, 11)
- Orchestra parts by the Deutsches Filmorchester Babelsberg, conducted by Gunter Joseck
- Dirk Rudolph - sleeve design
- Photography by www.Daniel-Geo-Fuchs.com
mutter in Bulgarian: Mutter
mutter in Czech: Mutter
mutter in Danish: Mutter (Rammstein)
mutter in German: Mutter (Rammstein)
mutter in Estonian: Mutter (album)
mutter in Spanish: Mutter
mutter in French: Mutter
mutter in Croatian: Mutter
mutter in Italian: Mutter
mutter in Macedonian: Mutter
mutter in Dutch: Mutter (Rammstein)
mutter in Norwegian: Mutter
mutter in Norwegian Nynorsk: Mutter av Rammstein
mutter in Polish: Mutter
mutter in Portuguese: Mutter
mutter in Romanian: Mutter
mutter in Russian: Mutter (альбом)
mutter in Slovak: Mutter
mutter in Serbian: Mutter
mutter in Finnish: Mutter
mutter in Swedish: Mutter (musikalbum)
mutter in Turkish: Mutter
mutter in Ukrainian: Mutter
air a grievance, aspirate, aspiration, bark, bated breath, bawl, beef, bellow, bellyache, bitch, blare, blat, blubber, boom, bray, breath, breathe, breathy voice, buzz, cackle, chant, chirp, clamor, complain, coo, crab, croak, crow, cry, dolorous tirade, drawl, drone, droning, exclaim, exhalation, flute, fret, fret and fume, fumble, fuss, gabble, gasp, gibber, gibbering, gripe, groan, grouch, grouse, growl, grumble, grunt, hiss, holler, howl, jabber, jeremiad, jibber, keen, kick, lament, lilt, little voice, lodge a complaint, low voice, maffle, maunder, maundering, moan, mouth, mouthing, muddle, mumble, mumbling, murmur, murmuration, murmuring, mussitate, muttering, outcry, pant, pipe, plaint, planctus, raise a howl, register a complaint, repine, roar, rumble, rumor, scold, scream, screech, shriek, sibilate, sigh, sing, snap, snarl, snort, sob, soft voice, sough, speak incoherently, splutter, sputter, squall, squawk, squeal, stage whisper, still small voice, susurrate, susurration, susurrus, swallow, take on, thunder, tirade, trumpet, twang, ululation, underbreath, undertone, wail, wail of woe, warble, whimper, whine, whisper, whispering, whistle, yap, yawp, yell, yelp, yowl